Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

Second Chance Sewing Month Competition

Right after I started posting the sewing month challenges at the beginning of the month, there was a very enthusiastic resurgence of interest in participating.  I was oh so happy to have the extra blog posts that were not only incredibly creative but that didn't require me to think.  So, I decided I'd open a second chance opportunity for those who learned of the challenge a little late.  And I'm very happy I did...lots more creativity and a lot less brain activity on my part.  I don't know what I'm going to next week when I have to start to writing on my own again!

Bee from the Wooden Bee submitted a fabulous project utilizing some pretty odd bits of trash.  I sent her several round plastic containers that came from a gumball type machine, old clothing tags and the skinny part of a tie - yep, JUST the skinny part.

Bee made some fabulous decorative fabric balls, check 'em out:

You'll have to hop over to her blog to see how she creatively used the clothing tags.

Fun, right?  Well stay tuned because I'll be posting a couple more trash to treasure projects this week and give you another chance to vote for a winner.  This time, participants are competing for a $50 shopping spree in the Upcycled Stuff shop.

Oh and don't forget, voting for the first round of competition closes tomorrow.  Be sure to get your vote in!

10 comments:

  1. Awesome! Thank you for this opportunity! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are incredible, I would have just thought "trash" and put the stuff away. But these are SO not trash!! Great work, Bee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Madeline! I loved Upcycled Stuff's idea!

      Delete
  3. Great idea for using those bubbles your kids get from the vending machines! And the ties that don't get worn. I am going to be doing this! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...