Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Here Come the Bird Feeders

My workshop runneth over with mismatched plates, bowls and cups along with lamp bases, candle holders and other thrifty finds!  It's that time of the year to start making the bird/butterfly feeders and baths. Some of the pieces are simple match 'em up and glue 'em together pieces, like this one:


Others take a little more ingenuity to complete.  I brought home a candle holder that I thought would be the perfect fit for a few teacups and saucers.  But that didn't exactly work out the way I expected.  There was a fancy little scroll work on the candle holder that kept two of the saucers from laying flat.  So what did I do?  I pulled out my Dremel 200-1/21 Two-Speed Rotary Tool Kit, of course!  I swear I don't know how I ever lived without that thing.


And then there was plenty of room to attach the saucers after I sanded the edges and added a couple coats of paint.  I think she turned pretty neat and just the right size for a table top or a large planted container.


This year's feeders will have nothing on last year, mainly because I have the right tools now!  My next big feeder project?  This baby, here....


I'm thinking more teacups and saucers and maybe, PURPLE!  Mom and dad have a few of my pieces in their shop now, but the big debut is March 1.  Yep, less than two weeks away and I'll be at my first Farmer's Market for the season.  I can hardly wait, it's going to be a very busy season!


2 comments:

  1. How exciting! That's a lot of pressure to create many new items! Can't wait to see that hideous chandelier transformed. It will be fabulous!
    Sandy
    www.savardstudios.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're so confident in what I can accomplish with that poor poor chandelier! ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...