Pages

Monday, January 20, 2014

An Upcycled Easel Clock

The New Year has a funny way of reminding us that time continues to pass whether we like it or not!  Maybe that's why there are so many resolutions made at the beginning of the year.  It's like someone lit a fire under our little rumps to spur us into action; to hurry up and get all those things done that we let fall to the wayside last year.  Well, I have projects to get to...many of them.  One of them is a clock for my bathroom to remind just how late I am every morning!  So while I'm not much for resolutions, I figured it was time.  Here's what I came up with:



Is that upcycled you ask?  But, of course it is!  And I'm going to show you both how I made this one with a plank from a pallet and the easel from a thrifted picture frame.  The concept behind this little clock was pretty simple:

1.  Cut the plank from a pallet to size
2.  Glue it to the easel portion of an old frame
3.  Paint it
4.  Add clock components
...and viola, a simple, one-of-a-kind clock for my bathroom!

Anyone who upcycles on the regular, knows that nothing is ever that simple! Be sure to check out the YouTube video to see all the hiccups I encountered AND how I was actually successful in the end!


7 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...